If you’re looking to increase your brand’s online presence, have a look through these (constantly updated!) digital marketing statistics.
Since the digital world is everchanging, it’s important to be able to keep up to date with the latest online developments. And, unless you have an in-house marketing department, you’re likely going to rely upon the expertise of a digital marketing agency.
Some agencies are great at sharing information and insights with their clients.
Others… not so much.
Because knowledge is power, we want to empower you with the latest and greatest marketing statistics available!
So, without further ado, here they are:
- 71% of consumers who’ve had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Ambassador)
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products. (GlobalWebIndex)
- The average person now spends over 3 hours per day on mobile devices (RescueTime, 2019)
- 74% of millennials take action after being inspired by a post (Forbes)
- 33% of shoppers research exclusively on mobile before buying on desktop or offline (Forbes)
- 81% of people say they are influenced by what their friends post on social media, so an organic social presence that your customers promote for you is most effective. (SocialMediaToday)
- Over 459 million Global Monthly Active Users
- Reach 40% of US internet users each month
- Reach 6 in 10 US women
- Reach 70% of US moms
- Reach 43% of people in the US with HHI > $100k
- 77% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest
- 89% of weekly Pinners use Pinterest for inspiration in their path to purchase
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest
- Email marketing generates $38 for every $1 spent – an astounding 3,800% ROI – making it one of the most effective options available. (DMA National, 2015)
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions. (SaleCycle, 2018)
- Over 25% of sales in 2020 were attributed to email marketing (Site-Seeker)
- For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $42 (DMA, 2019)
- 85% of US retailers say email marketing is the most effective customer acquisition tactic, especially for start-ups and SMBs (Forrester, 2018)
- 99% of email users check their email every day, some as much as 20 times a day (OptinMonster, 2020)
- 49% of customers want to receive promotional emails from their favorite businesses weekly (Statista, 2017)
- Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on Google Ads. (Google Economic Impact Report)
- Compared to other placement strategies, retargeting generated the highest lift in business name searches by 1,046%. (PR Newswire)
- 80% of all companies focus on Google Ads for Pay-Per-Click advertising (PPC Resellers)
- Google Ads reach a network of more than 2 million websites and applications (Valve+Meter)
- Internet users are four times more likely to click on a paid search ad on Google (63%) than on any other search engine (Clutch)
- Google Ads convert 50% better than organic search results (PowerTraffick)
- Monthly Budget Cap Graphic (Google)
- Summer Ads Enabled, Winter Ads Paused Graphic (Google)
- 92% of B2B buyers are more likely to purchase after reading a trusted review (G2 and Heinz Marketing)
- More than half of consumers will avoid a business that has less than a 4 star rating (BirdEye)
- 94% of consumers will avoid a business with bad reviews (Forbes)
- Having more reviews can increase the relative visibility of your Google My Business Listing (Google)
- Business can see ~60% more revenue than their close competitors by having more reviews (Womply)