When it comes to understanding your audience on social media, a local social media company can help.
Different generations of consumers have different social media habits, and understanding those social media habits is the key to reaching a customer while they are browsing your social media profiles. In a recent survey of 1000 consumers and 500 businesses, Animoto found that 75% of Millennials’ purchase decisions were influenced by a brand’s social media presence. What does this mean? Well, a great social media presence is based on how frequently you post, the type of content you generate and the levels of engagement between you and your audience. And while 75% is a large figure, it isn’t at all surprising considering most of our millennial population has grown up surrounded by the internet. So, what about our other generations? Take a look at the statistics below to help you better reach these populations:
- Gen Z chose Instagram as the platform to follow brands
- Baby boomers spend most of their time on YouTube and on their Facebook Feed
- Gen Z, Millennials, and Gen X selected YouTube as the platform they rely on when making purchase decisions
- Gen Z spends most of their time on YouTube, Instagram, Instagram Stories and Snapchat
- Gen X spends most of their time on YouTube, Facebook Feed and Facebook Stories
- Baby Boomers spend most of their time on YouTube and Facebook Feed
How can you use these statistics to reach a particular audience? The key is in the content. A local social media company like Noble House Media can design memorable content that specifically caters to your audience’s choice platforms and their behaviors on those platforms. Choose a local social media company with a global outlook. Talk to one of our social media specialists and let’s connect you and your audience.
Teresa Hoeckh – Noble House Media